Wednesday, September 25, 2013

TO BE AN EAGLE OR TO BE A SNAIL

The goddess of sleep takes good care of me since I entered into the college, making up the neglect when I was in senior high. But last night, I suffered from insomnia again. I think it is not her fault, it is my fault. The question I asked myself thousands times-What kind of person I wanna to be?-occurred in my mind again. I can’t explain why I ask myself this boring question, I just can’t help it.
           The answer I got never same as the last time I got. I begin to wonder whether I know exactly what kind of person I wanna to be. Negative! May be next time I’ll get an incredible answer.
           There are always some people around us seems like eagles who have the wings of background, genetic gifts, good luck and so on helping them flying to the top of pyramid., but I never jealous of these person and never complain about my weakness, for they are not the person I wanna to be. I prefer to be a snail, there are evidences prove that snail also have already climbed to the top of pyramid. May be the analogy between snail and me is not suitable, but the fundamental personalities and spirits are resemblant, which is called continuous endeavoring. Michaelyu(俞敏洪)once said in his speech that “there is no fundamental difference between the landscape of eagles and snails when look from the top of the pyramid.”
           Back to my question, what kind of person I wanna to be ? I think I need not to know what exact job I’ll do, what exact life I’ll lead. What I should do is focusing on which category of person I belong to. There is an old saying“ some were born to great, some achieve greatness, and some just want to make it to payday ”. I think I have got the answer to my question.
           At last ,  I’d like to quote a famous saying ,said Jobs in his graduation of Stanford ,to finish my writing “keep looking ,never settle;  stay hungry,stay foolish!”

No comments:

Post a Comment